In 1946, Forrest T. Silfies bought his first tractor to transport coal from the Lehigh Valley region in Pennsylvania. 13 years later he then transported the first load of cement from the Whitehall Cement plant in the Lehigh Valley. These commodities would be the cornerstone as his business grew over the years and still remain a key commodity for the company.
In 1934 Jonas P. Donmoyer bought his first tractor to haul coal door to door in Ono, Pa. Since then, the fleet has grown into multiple divisions. The small town of Ono remains the company’s corporate headquarters.
Both F.T. Silfies and J.P. Donmoyer, Inc. continue to be family owned and operated. Our owners are involved in our day-to- day operations as well as leading our strategic vision.